Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Kisan Suvidha App to empower farmers. It provides basic information as well as expert advice to them. The Agriculture Ministry developed the app, and describes it as an ‘omnibus for quick and relevant information’. The design of the app is simple and easy to understand.
What services does the Kisan Suvidha App offer?
The Kisan Suvidha App offers the following services to farmers:
1. Weather Reports:
- The app gives details of temperature, humidity, wind, and rainfall for the current day.
- And it also gives the weather forecast for the next 5 days.
- You simply have to tap to the weather button to view the details.
2. Extreme Weather Alerts:
Another very helpful feature is that you can register for extreme weather alerts like hailstorms and un-seasonal rains.
3. Input Dealers:
- Names and mobile numbers of dealers selling seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, machinery, etc are available.
- This makes it easy to find and compare dealers.
- You can call and check prices and availability before actually going to the dealer.
4. Market Price:
- This button shows the latest price of all the crops traded in a mandi or registered agricultural market in your district.
- It also shows the maximum price of the crop in the district, state, and entire country on a particular day.
- This is very helpful as it provides bargaining power to small farmers.
5. Plant Protection:
- The app provides a lot of useful information under this tab.
- You can get details of pests, weeds, and diseases that might affect your plants. And also how to prevent/fight them.
- It also gives you the best management practices for all stages of crop development from sowing to harvesting.
- You can view this information for all the major crops grown in your district.
6. Agro Adivce:
- The advisory section gives messages from the district agriculture officials and agriculture universities regarding prevailing problems, remedies, sudden rains, etc.
- These are given in the local language.
7. Kisan Call Centre:
- Through this app, you can directly connect with the Kisan call centre.
- You can then talk to and have your queries answered by a technical graduate.
How to install the Kisan Suvidha App on your phone?
- You can download/install the Kisan Suvidha App from the Google Play Store on your smartphone (a smartphone is necessary to use this app). Please click here for the Google Play Store link.
- After installing the app on your phone, you have to register your mobile number.
- Next you have to choose a language.
- And then you have to enter your area details – state, district, and block or sub-district.
- You can now start using the app.
Which languages is the Kisan Suvidha App available in?
This app is currently available only in Hindi and English. The Agriculture Ministry plans to add more local languages soon.